At Netflix, we are the largest production studio in the world. As part of the Studio Infrastructure team, we will be responsible for building the technology infrastructure to allow artist collaboration on a global scale. In this role, we will work closely with studio executives, artistic talent, and hardworking engineers across the company.
Do you have a passion for customers and making their experience the best it can be? Would you enjoy being an early hire in a highly visible space with opportunity for growth? Are you interested in building the future of studio production infrastructure?
We are a remote-first team focused on building the artist workstation experience. When an animator or visual effects artist perform their work, they need a high quality experience, with the proper hardware, software, and assets present to complete their job. As an early member of the team, we'll share the responsibility of staying focused on our customers as we make design trade-offs and partner with other engineering teams on the creation of a globally distributed API and fleet of artist workstations. We value curiosity and an ability to learn.
- Collaborate on the design of APIs at the heart of content creation.
- Build novel solutions for high latency, low connectivity, and no connectivity artistic needs.
- Partner with cloud providers like AWS and internal teams like Open Connect to identify hardware needs for the artist experience you’re building.
- Learn more about studio production through hands on experience and identify new areas of technical opportunity through your compassion for our customers.
- You have built “always-on” servers, services, or APIs.
- You were responsible for the customer experience of a specific feature or system.
- You are an example of high quality software engineering among peers.
- You are able to communicate well through written communication and capture your reasoning around decisions for teammates and partners.
- Knowledge of studio production is not required.
- You will be trusted by your team and the organization to make impactful decisions. We also provide support through mentorship and coaching.
- You will contribute to a safe and inclusive environment by being curious and vulnerable.
- We will learn how to build the best creative experience together.
- You and your family will come first with a generous and flexible leave policy available to new parents working at Netflix.
AWS and Platform Engineering
5 days ago - source