Don’t just dream about What’s Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Nexient is looking for an experienced Microsoft Power BI Developer to join our team at our Ann Arbor, MI location
Come build with us!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and develop reporting and analytics solutions using Microsoft Power BI
- Design, implement and develop data visualizations
- Meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document reporting requirements
- Meet with technical stakeholders to perform code reviews and elicit feedback
- Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Understanding of Power BI application security layer models
- At least 5 years Power BI experience
- Strong experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and SQL
- Experience with Goggle Analytics preferred
- Current experience in MS Power BI connection types (Oracle direct, Azure SQL data warehouse, ODBC), configurations and data flows (power query)
- Current experience in Data analysis and data warehousing for performance in Power BI
- Current experience in administering Power BI permissions, roles, security and securing data layers based on specific identifiers such as role and/or agency
- Current experience in analyzing data for fact vs dimensional data configurations Understanding of Data Lake and Analysis services
- Strong understanding of BI areas. Ability to work on complex development BI projects including the proactive identification of issues and coordination of resolutions.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft technology stack (Azure, SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Tabular, Reporting Services, etc.)
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Reports/Analytics
- Experienced in delivering data solutions in technically complex environments
- A self-starter and eager to learn new tools and technologies where needed to suit client or project requirements
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to present comfortably and confidently to clients
Benefits & Perks:
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Lunch & Learn
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
- World class training and career mentorship
Oracle, Azure, SQL, Azure SQL, and SOFTWARE DELIVERY
5 days ago - source