Our International Originals Post Production team in Spain is seeking an experienced Post Production Manager for our new and rapidly growing Spanish-language original content slate. This rapidly growing initiative, which is central to Netflix’s growth strategy in Europe, focuses on developing and producing original series and films from across the region.
This person will maintain vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets, schedules, and have the ability to troubleshoot technical and workflow issues. H/She will partner closely with cross functional teams working on Spanish-language Originals -- Content, Physical Production, VFX and Production Finance -- and will be an integral part of the growing Post Production team in Madrid.
The successful candidate will have at least ten (10) years of post production experience as Post Production Supervisor (or similar role) in Spain, must have deep familiarity of the post production landscape in the region, and must speak fluent English and Spanish.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, self-motivated and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role is based in Madrid, Spain and will require some regional travel within the country, as well as occasional travel globally.
Specific Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Technical Setup of title:
- Work with Production Technologies, Post Production & external production team on defining post workflows such as dailies, HDR, color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive.
- Work to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
- Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
- Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
- Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
- Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
- Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
- Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
- Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
- Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English languages
- University Degree
- 10 Years + as an experienced Post Production Producer, Supervisor or Manager in long-form productions and familiar with the Spanish post production industry
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows in post production
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Willingness to continue learning and drive innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
Physical Production Core
5 days ago - source