The Globalization team is responsible for translation and cultural adaptation of most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. We treat each country we enter differently, since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
Our team is looking for a Vendor Manager to support our vendor relationships as we scale. As Vendor Manager, you gather the Globalization team’s business requirements, codify them in vendor contracts and ensure that they are met through KPIs. You track all elements of our vendor relationships, including performance criteria such as quality, delivery and cost. You minimize the business risk of using outsourced resources. Your role is to ensure that all outsourced localization work supports the success of the overall Globalization team.
As Vendor Manager, you will manage the vendors who audit our translation quality. You will design, determine and manage the quality evaluation methodology used to support the process. You are curious and inventive, when it comes to the quality evaluation process. You are analytical and creative in your approach to evaluation methodologies. In this role, you will track your success through the performance of the vendors translating and auditing our content.
- Normalize Globalization business requirements across vendors; ensure SLA compliance and drive high quality and consistent output from all localization vendors through KPIs
- Track vendor performance through data and metrics; use data to identify trends, opportunities and risks
- Create, update and maintain all vendor contracts for the Globalization team
- Serve as project manager for all business initiatives where localization vendors are required to participate and deliver results
- Structure quarterly vendor QBRs as a strategic conversation on vendor performance and business opportunities
- Manage, track and document your vendor performance as part of monthly business metrics newsletters and reports
- 4+ years of vendor management experience on the client side
- Experience creating contracts (from RFP to signature), working closely with internal and vendor Legal teams
- Localization industry expertise and strong knowledge of the localization vendor landscape. Experience on the localization vendor side is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and in extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions; experience setting up vendor program metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree in relevant field; MBA or certification in Supply Chain Management and Vendor Management, a plus
Product Creative Globalization
5 days ago - source