Guild is hiring for a Decision Scientist who will sit at the intersection of data, product, technology, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform Guild’s most interesting business needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build algorithms and tools.
As a Decision Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for operating teams across the organization including Marketing, Enrollment, Partnerships, Retention Services and Student Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models
- Mine structured and unstructured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses
- Aggregate data from disparate data sources to help identify areas for product, operations, and marketing growth and optimization
- Work with product and engineering teams to collect new data and ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help the business grow
- Design, develop, and deploy a/b tests and algorithms to help better serve our students
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Lead special projects as they are identified
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Noah Yetter (Staff Data Engineer), Katie Corder-Paul (Director of Student Operations), and Christine Hettinger (Group Product Manager).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in decision science, data science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL (Redshift/Hive/Presto experience preferred), Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Python, SQL, R, and Analytics and Data Platforms
5 days ago - source