The Youth Development Worker is responsible through the Team Leader – Youth Services, for encouraging the growth and development of young people through experience, reflection and learning within a safe environment. This will involve initiating and developing responses to local needs to meet the social and educational needs of young people.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 20.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The post holder must have a driving licence and/or the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for job share
- Not suitable for remote working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mid Yell Junior High School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Brenda Leask, Team Leader onor e-mail
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.