Volunteer Co-ordinator Horatio’s Garden Glasgow.
Scottish National Spinal Unit at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.
Horatio's Garden is a national charity that creates and cares for beautiful gardens in NHS spinal injury centres. Horatio's Garden Glasgow is at the Scottish National Spinal Injuries Unit which serves patients from all over Scotland. The high profile garden was opened in 2016 and is a flourishing vibrant project. We are looking for a friendly, efficient volunteer co-ordinator to join the team.
The Volunteer Co-ordinator will carry out administration duties to recruit, support and retain volunteers to assist in the running of the garden project, in line with the Head Gardener’s annual plans and the charity’s aims.
You will work closely with the Head Gardener developing volunteer training opportunities so volunteers can confidently enjoy their roles in the project.
The job includes supporting the general running of the charity’s project by processing sales, banking donations, recording data and merchandise stock information. You will be required to support and help with events in the garden.
This exciting role would suit a friendly person with volunteer management and administrative experience. We are looking for someone who has:
- Volunteer management experience
- Administrative experience
- Empathy and outstanding communication skills
- Good IT knowledge
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Lots of initiative and drive
- Confidence to work in a hospital environment
- Clean driving licence and use of their own car
- Ability to be PVG cleared.
- Part-time 8hrs in total, split over two days with flexibility for occasional extra hours.
- Pay £10/hour.
- To start as soon as possible
Please apply with covering letter and CV.
Job Type: Part-time