Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Visual Design Lead in Hong Kong, you’ll be our creative compass, combining your artistry, passion, and perseverance with your next-level design skills to conceptualize, sketch, color, and render polished, positively stunning graphical elements for our next game (R&D project). You’ll use your storied artistic background, intellectual curiosity, organizational prowess, communicative clout, collaborative countenance, and player-first mindset to create kick-ass visual design work that’ll excite players all over the world.
- A seasoned artist: your portfolio is cover-to-cover inspiration, packed with eye-popping art both traditional and digital; you’re a master of modern visual design techniques, continually on the cusp of the cusp
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without having learned a day wasted; you’re always curious about new techniques and do daily deep dives on next-gen workflow
- Organized: you thrive on structure, using your next-level arrangement skills to ensure that projects are perpetually expeditious; you set high goals and build the steps that enable you to reach them successfully
- Communicative and collaborative: you can clearly communicate with any department in any medium, be it conference call, g-chat, or smoke signal; when teammates are struggling, you happily help with a positive attitude and rolled-up sleeves
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems for a number of projects
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary task force of programmers, artists, and production managers, creating awesome visual design work that’ll inspire and connect with players
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions that’ll reach both player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including, but not limited to; visual systems, in-game UI, game menus, application interfaces.....
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Visual Design and Design (UI/UX)
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.