Treasury & Cash Specialist
- Closing Date for Applications - 08 July 2019 (This role is based in Hillington Glasgow)
- Fixed Term - 12/18 Months
Heathrow is the UK's premier international airport and one of the world’s major hub airports, flying people for business, tourism and to visit friends and relatives around the world. We provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth.
We have a number of new opportunities based at our Business Support Centre (BSC) in Hillington, near Glasgow, which is responsible for delivering all transactional support services for Finance and HR functions. It is already recognised as a high performing team and is looking to recruit additional colleagues to join our existing team.
Heathrow is changing and has big ambitions. To enable these ambitions Heathrow is launching an 18 month programme that will invest in new technologies transforming our approach for Support Services. Our current recruitment drive is to grow our capacity to fully support the wider change programme of support services across Heathrow Airport. We are looking to recruit additional high performing individuals to join our team on a fixed term basis over the next 12-18 moths to create the capacity to support our transformational change programme.
We recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes, as such offer a great benefits package including performance related pay, company pension, critical illness cover, a comprehensive health and wellbeing programme, and access to great staff discounts on travel and much more. Heathrow Business Support Centre is proud to be an accredited Living Wage employer and be recognised as one of the Top 50 companies to work for in Scotland by Best Companies 2019.
Come and join our amazing team at the Heathrow Business Support Centre and help us transform support services to the one of the best airports in the world.
Co-ordinating with the Treasury Control and Front Office functions, our Treasury and Cash Specialist works to support the delivery of daily/monthly transactional processing and reporting in conjunction with the Heathrow Controls Processes.
To co-ordinate the work of the Treasury Control, Front Office functions and BSC Treasury & Cash Teams. Ensure delivery of daily/monthly transactional processing and reporting in conjunction with the Heathrow Controls Processes.
- To provide first line specialist support to team members within Treasury & Cash Team.
- To ensure co-ordination and delivery of Treasury month-end and provide all month end reporting to the required stakeholders.
- Interpretation of team metrics and measures plus forward planning to resolve issues.
- To provide support to the Finance Support Team Manager.
- To provide financial rigour and control around key processes through the balance sheet review.
- To ensure all processes and controls are updated and followed.
- To provide specialist support and expert advice to customer base, on the application and interpretation of LHR policy and process; in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To contribute to core business drivers through the Balanced Business Scorecard (BBSC) framework and operational performance mechanisms.
- To support the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in order to enhance operational performance standards.
- To provide leadership, direction and support to team members to enable a successful delivery of service targets and business outcomes.
- Daily Maintenance of bank accounts including management of receipts and payments.
- Responsible for reconciling bank statements to relevant systems.
- Responsible for posting journals into Oracle, included fx, weekly treasury, intercompany transfers and monthly accruals.
- Completion of the Communities Trust Charity Financial Accounts, including reconciliation of all accounts.
- Ensure bank mandates are updated and reviewed regularly.
- Complete monthly interest tax flow analysis.
- Responsible for preparing funding cash book.
- Prepare balance sheet pack with analysis.
- Responsible for analysis, reporting and reconciliations of all direct income streams.
- Build relationships with senior Stakeholder within the BSC and Heathrow.
- Investigate and resolve any queries in a professional and timely manner to ensure strong and effective relationships.
- Flexibility required to multi-skill across transactional service duties.
- To participate in projects and working groups and carry out any other duties that maybe outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development or required to ensure outcomes are met.
- To work in close partnership with the wider team, both the BSC and in the Business, building relationships with stakeholders and frequent customers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills through training and coaching.
- Regular knowledge sharing of any changes to policies or processes with the team and process owners.
- Support the Team Manager in ensuring results through increased employee engagement.
- Ensure effective utilisation and optimisation of available resource and operational capacity, in line with efficient business planning.
- Support the Team Manager in development culture, through development and coaching of key team members.
- Maintain communications with key customers and business areas and continuous nurturing of relationships to ensure centre of excellence is maintained and continue to provide a value add service to the Business.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement between Heathrow and the BSC, taking actions and leading where possible with the view to establishing an integrated single team across the two locations for the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Part Qualified accountant or qualified by experience (strong double entry book keeping knowledge essential).
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated team player, with ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of stakeholders both written and verbally, including ability to influence and persuade others.
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Works positively and effectively to avoid making stressful situations worse. Controls driven and measured.
Put Passengers & Customers First
- Exceeds customer expectations by developing services to meet their needs.
- Identifies and involves the right people in decisions from the start.
Take the Lead
- Takes initiative to solve problems and perform tasks for the benefit of Heathrow.
- Recognises differences of opinion, and proposes solutions that balance competing interests and meet shared goals. Being able to adapt in different situations.
- Makes processes simple where possible, helping Heathrow to improve every day and make every journey better.
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.