Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Machine Zone is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our engineering team and own project management strategy and implementation in the Technical Operations group. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the management of on-going projects in our datacenter and cloud, team scrum, sprints and dashboards. You will collaborate with managers and engineers to gather requirements, develop quarterly and annual roadmaps, determine KPIs and more. A significant part of this role will be helping deliver high quality online, mobile MMOs, and your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and manage various tasks and projects across MZ by clearly identifying priority, resources, impact, deliverables, and success metrics.
- Work closely with Technical Operations management to facilitate product direction. Establish the team’s roadmap and translate business strategy into a development plan.
- Communicate broadly and effectively with all stakeholders across Game Engineering, Product, Data Engineering and Marketing. Gather requirements and work with team leads and managers to facilitate, prioritize, plan, execute, and report on projects.
- Plan capacity against various ad-hoc requests from stakeholders and deliver results.
- Create and maintain relevant data and project documentation such as project roadmaps, status reports, and operational checklists.
- Define, develop, manage and document project schedule/milestones, proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan for contingencies due to anticipated and emergent risk.
- Lead process & meetings - e.g. sprint retrospectives, stand ups, planning and estimation sessions, backlog grooming, scheduling, internal team prioritization, syncs with stakeholder PMs, and sprint prioritization review with stakeholders.
- Ensure that the team can meet commitments by removing impediments, managing dependencies, escalating blockers that they cannot remove themselves, clarifying deliverables, and shield the team from distraction and interference.
- Coordinate day-to-day tasks within TechOPS and work with our stakeholders on bugs, blockers, incidents, and postmortems.
- Facilitate Change Management planning and communication.
- Accountable for project delivery.
Your background and who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience in live product engineering, technical operations or Site Reliability related role.
- Must be analytically and technical oriented.
- Expert knowledge of production tools and methodologies, including JIRA, SCRUM and Kanban.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with multiple partners in a friendly and constructive manner.
24 days ago - source