Below are all of the shifts that a candidate may be offered. At the end of the application, please select any shifts you would like to be considered for.
Shipping: 6:00am - 5:00pm, 4 shifts a week
Shipping OR Receiving: 8:00am - 5:00pm, 5 shifts a week
Receiving: 9:00a - 8:30pm, 4 shifts a week
_All positions will be on a rotating schedule. _
TCGplayer Headquarters in Syracuse, NY
Who We Are
At TCGplayer, we provide eCommerce and software services that connect the collectible gaming industry. We’re best known for being the top online marketplace and price resource for trading card games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon. We also provide services to local game stores across the country to help them grow their businesses. Our order fulfillment program helps local game stores streamline shipping for their online orders, saving them time and money.
As a Team Lead within our Fulfillment Center, you will be responsible for directly supervising a pod of fulfillment center generalists through the delegation of work tasks, measurement of individual performance and the resolution of front-line issues/challenges. Functional responsibilities include hiring, training and managing your talented and passionate group of fulfillment generalists.
- Recruiting & Training - Participate in the hiring process for additions to your team and ensure each associate is trained and capable of meeting the requirements of their role.
- Coaching & Mentoring - Build positive relationships with your team members, develop an understanding of their strengths and needs and help them realize their full potential at TCGplayer. This will include one-on-one discussions, performance assessments and, when necessary, corrective actions.
- Scheduling - Participate in the daily and weekly schedule process for a team of 10-15 team members in order to ensure proper coverage of all key functions within your area of responsibility.
- Order Fulfillment - Delegate tasks and manage the hourly and daily workflow within your pod, and work to independently solve associate challenges or blockers to ensure rapid and accurate order fulfillment.
- Managing for Performance - Maintain team metrics on an hourly and/or daily basis, flow those results upward to Group Leaders and bring solutions to close measured performance gaps.
- Continuous Improvement - Collaborate with the broader organization to continuously identify ways that we can improve, test ideas and deploy solutions to your team or pod.
- Special Projects - As part of the broader Fulfillment Center leadership team, Team Leads may be asked periodically to tackle special projects that arise.
- New Products & Services - At times new products or services will be rolled out to the Fulfillment Center as we continuously strive to add more value for our buyers and sellers; Team Leads will be responsible for ensuring their pod is properly staffed and trained to support these rollouts.
- Occasionally supporting the team by working on order fulfillment.
Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- You have a strong desire to lead a passionate group of individuals.
- You fearlessly and professionally advocate for the customer, your team and the success of TCGplayer.
- Demonstrated mastery of the duties of Warehouse Specialist 2 role.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of experience at TCGplayer.com (or) one year of experience leading teams outside of TCGplayer.com.
- Associates degree in relevant field preferred, but a combination of education and experience are strongly considered.
- Experience with Google Docs and Excel is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of hobby games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon is a huge plus.
The role involves the following physical demands on a regular basis:
- Using standard office equipment, including a computer
- Sitting or standing for an extended period of time, up to 8 hours per day
- Using vision to read computer screen and read printed materials
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear
- Continuously using hands and fingers in repetition
- Continuously sitting or stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Standing for long periods of time while bending, kneeling or squatting frequently
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Push/pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Must be able to work in a loud and open environment for up to 10 hours per day
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Rotating/flexible availability needed
- Travel may occasionally be needed
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Shipping & Receiving
8 days ago - source