L3 Telemetry & RF Products, located in San Diego, is a full service manufacturer of state-of-the-art communication and telemetry solutions for space, airborne, terrestrial and maritime applications.
Our integrated solutions combine latest-generation technologies and proven processes and are provided to defense, intelligence and government agencies, as well as international and commercial organizations. We partner with customers, industry and academia to develop innovations that reduce costs and improve performance.
As a Subcontract Specialist, you are responsible to negotiate, place and administer major subcontracts and procurements. In this role you will work with Program Management, Engineering and Quality to develop procurement specification and statement of work. Prepare RFPs and lead source selection teams when evaluating potential suppliers. You will also
- Negotiate major subcontracts with selected suppliers, evaluate proposals and cost data, and take a leadership role in conducting financial and technical analysis.
- Provide adequate cost and pricing analysis support for each subcontract. Insure compliance with all Government and customer requirements, including FAR and appropriate certifications.
- Coordinate completion and close out of all subcontracts insuring full compliance with Division contract and administrative requirements. Assist in the preparation and negotiation of teaming agreements and special contract arrangement used in the development of Division new business.
- Ensure subcontract compliance with Public Laws, IIS policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), and ITAR and import/export requirements. Responsible for the maintenance of FAR and implementation of contractual changes and modification flowed down from the Contracts Department.
- Maintain productive relations with all suppliers, even under challenging conditions. Make periodic visits to suppliers to validate Subcontract Compliance and Performance to Plan through active review of leading performance indicators, and timely report of status to Program Management and Engineering. Seek out and recommend appropriate Corrective/ Mitigating Action(s) and new sources of supply, when necessary.
- Maintain effective communication with all Departments with regard to cost of materials, delivery status, cost reduction proposals, technical problems and solutions, and all other issues affecting the continuity of material supply.
- Provide leadership role on Cost Reduction teams and in support of Value Analysis efforts. Seek out, propose and execute cost improvement wherever possible. Keep Purchasing Manager informed of major procurement cost and schedule issues.
- Conduct all actions in a professional and ethical manner. Perform all duties within parameters of the Purchasing Manual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Oversee and participate in high value subcontract negotiation.
- Determine the appropriate selection and issuance of fixed price, time and materials, labor hours and cost-type agreements and/or purchase orders.
- Develop financial strategy in driving the cost model down to increase profitability.
- Collaborate with the program the coordination of process validation, first article inspections as well as prototype, production schedules and milestones.
- Work in collaboration with the IPT team the coordination of early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or complex new products, parts and designs to optimize quality and meet schedule.
- Oversee the management of subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including but not limited to management of financial obligations and mitigating cost overruns, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Measure the effectiveness and performance of subcontractors across the business based on active review, and technical performance.
- Responsible for the reporting of subcontractor’s performance utilizing the monthly Supplier Rating System.
- Develop solutions in resolving supplier contractual issues that requires a high level of creativity.
- Perform risk assessment, identify potential risks and impacts, and develop mitigation plans.
- Participate in source selection process and the development of cost proposal during new business pursuit working collaboratively with Program Management and team leaders.
- Contribute in process improvement of the department.
- Follow market price trends and develop market strategies.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.