The Strategic Account Manager works with a portfolio of key customer accounts to
facilitate sustainable, long-term business.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- Cultivate and maintain strategic customer relationships
- Sell to a portfolio of key accounts
- Assist in the implementation of global sales and purchasing strategies
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the structure, culture, and needs of key customers
- Manage and facilitate own individual training, including sales, sourcing, and throughput
- Ensure customer requirements are accurately entered in Velocity's ERP system
- Consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly gross profit sales goals
- Represent and communicate Velocity’s culture, values, and value proposition
- Provide immediate and reliable solutions to customer needs
- Complete detailed records of all sales data regarding contracts, quotations, and other customer interactions and annotate all customer touches in Velocity's ERP system
- Create and present periodic reports detailing customer interactions and sales/gross profit totals
Required skills & experience
- Substantial product knowledge
- Computer literate
Preferred skills & experience
- 2+ years of sales experience in the electronics components industry.
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing management, CRM.
- Experience with complex ERP systems
- Ability to build rapport
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Emotional control
- High Endurance
We see that personal traits is of great importance when selecting the right candidate for the position.
About this Company
Velocity Electronics is a leading certified stocking distributor and outsource procurement services provider specializing in the supply and material management of board level electronic components and associated products for leading electronics manufacturers worldwide. Market, logistics and quality assurance expertise, combined with our innovative and high service orientation have made Velocity Electronics a deeply trusted supply chain partner to the world's leading contract manufacturers and OEMs.
Velocity offers a full range of supply chain solutions for global manufacturers addressing component shortages, cost saving opportunities, material inspection and environmental compliance needs as well as excess material mitigation services. In addition, Velocity provides integrated and custom programs for third party procurement management, warehousing and logistics that are designed to reduce material procurement and administrative costs, increase inventory turns, improve cash-to-cash cycle times and eliminate the high costs associated with shortage and excess disruptions in the supply chain. Our custom, integrated solutions are guaranteed to reduce your total cost of procurement.
Sales and Sales & Business Development
28 days ago - source