This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing strategic insight into the new and existing store base within an assigned region, and driving decisions that enhance the value of the portfolio. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Collaborates with store development team to develop an integrated market plan. Maintains relationships with jurisdictions and planning commmissions to ensure seamless penings for new store or remodels/renovations.
- Develops a comprehensive strategic plan to manage a regional portfolio of stores. Develops and manages a regional renewal strategy.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Leads execution of strategic portfolio plan. Reviews lease expirations and develops plan for new stores, renewals, relocations, expansions and closures. Determines how financial objectives such as sales and profit will be achieved through proactive management of the portfolio. Guides analyses on impact of renovation cycles, sales transfer, initiatives rollout, and store expansions, closures and relocations
- Leads the determination of the root cause of Under-Performing Assets [UPA] with Store Operations. Implements real estate solutions for UPAs.
- Manages and develops real estate reps and real estate brokers.
- Manages market planning process, managing all aspects of market development, touring new markets, touring existing markets with anticipated renewals, remodels, requested expansions or potential closures and develops strategic plans. Updates site survey reports, creates maps and target books using new stores and existing stores. Tours regions to visit competitors and review under-performing assets (UPA's). Manages broker relationships and broker performance and selection. Responsible for optimizing and creating long term lease asset value. Compiles integrated market strategy report.
- Manages resolution of property management issues through direct management of property manager. Assists with resolution of issues related to facilities, renovations and landlord improvements. Maintains active relationships with regional landlords. Oversees the negotiation of landlord issues, including but not limited to: lease renewals for optimum profitability, store expansions, store relocations and property management issues.
- Optimizes the value of the Company¿s portfolio of assets to meet financial objective. Prepares and analyzes lease evaluation packages, including pro formas and financial reports. Evaluates leasing decisions, ensuring that leases are renewed in a timely manner with optimum profitability.
- Prepares letters of intent or renewal, creates the proforma, drives the territory, tours with operations, negotiates LOI, leases, and lease renewals to meet and exceed company standards. Meets with landlords and city representatives. Proactive coordination with the design and construction partners. Manages the entitlement process, supporting landlords and anticipates entitlement issues. Resolves legal, lease, and renewal issues.
- Researches new and existing submarkets through broker networks, new market surveys and visits. Meets with landlords and city representatives. Responds to unsolicited site submittals.
- Tracks and meets performance goals and budget. Accurately prepares management and pipeline reports and business plans. Participates in post-analysis report and other special project reporting. Coordinates design and construction issues with internal partners and landlords.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Financial planning and market analysis 5 years
- Real estate deal-making and negotiations 5 years
- Retail or restaurant new store rollout 5 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organizational skills
- Ability to plan and implement strategic vision
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
18 days ago - source