At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager for our Data Engineering team.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Data Engineering team. As Slack’s data grows, the Data Engineering team aims to provide the best blend of the tools and technologies that will strengthen the efficiency and dependability of the way we make decisions. As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our data infrastructure as well as making our user experience interacting with data more efficient, pleasant and productive. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Embedded in Data Engineering, you will align, unblock and enable data engineering to deliver at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve tooling and drive process to develop predictability for Data Warehouse and partner engineering groups
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
- You have a strong knowledge of data infrastructure and warehouse storage methodologies and have worked with data engineering teams in the past
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Understanding of data persistence, back end data services, and experience working with data technologies that power analytics
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Git, SQL, and Program Management
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.