The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help us continue building out our product and services. Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, using the best equipment in a fun and social environment where you will be hands-on with the code from day one. Successful candidates will be seasoned software engineers with experience decomposing functional specifications into work items, and writing technical design documents. Candidates must be well-organized, deadline-oriented, amicable but tough, and capable of earning team’s respect.
- Drive full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, and deployment
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Regularly focus on cross-engineering initiatives, evangelizing best practices on architecture, technical debt, documentation, etc to both your team and other teams
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies and also help with estimating engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field or similar college level education
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Strong foundation in software architecture, design, data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with Java, C++, Go, Python, or similar (our main language is Java)
- Open to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
**Compensation, Benefits & Perks
**Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
**Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
C++, Go, Python, Java, and (18) Technology
7 days ago - source