Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in financial industry auditing with a focus on operational, financial, and regulatory auditing.
Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group is looking for a Staff Auditor to join our team!
Scope of the position:
The Staff Auditor is tasked with performing internal audits in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The role will provide support to the Audit Manager in the completion of both internal audit engagements and external audits.
- The position has the ability to be remote with periodic travel required to the corporate office.
- Relocation assistance can be provided for the ideal candidate to relocate to Virginia Beach, VA.
- Perform internal audit testing and related activities.
- Obtain an understanding of the department’s process and develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and adequacy of financial institution records.
- Update audit work programs to ensure procedures reflect new product offerings, updated investor or regulatory guidelines, and new and revised policies and procedures. Propose work program changes to ensure risk-based auditing. Proposed work program changes are to be approved by the Audit Manager prior to implementation.
- Ensure objectives are accomplished within established time and cost constraints.
- Maintained organized work papers that properly evidence and support conclusions.
- Review and discuss findings with departmental and Executive Management. Subsequently, review Management’s responses to reported issues and determine the proposed action satisfactorily addresses the exposure identified.
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal audit process.
- Perform follow-up testing of Management’s corrective actions to reported findings.
- Other tasks as needed and assigned by the Audit Manager.
- Internal – Extensive contact with departmental staff, operational and sales Management, and Executive Management.
- External – Extensive contact with external auditing firms and regulatory/agency examiners.
- Supervision of others – None
- Report To – Audit Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business) required.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in the financial services industry with a focus on operations, compliance, or finance.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in auditing with a focus on operational, financial, or regulatory auditing.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF software.
- Excellent at communicating (both written and verbal) with staff, management, and executive management level employees.
- Should be a self-starter, taking personal initiative toward understanding processes being reviewed.
- Maintain upbeat and positive attitude when challenged with an unfamiliar and complex audit environment.
- Prior financial industry experience in the mortgage lending environment preferred.
5 days ago - source