Requisition No: 66464
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: STAFF ASSISTANT - 64055478
Position Number: 64055478
Posting Closing Date: 07/08/2019
Job Title: STAFF ASSISTANT
Requisition ID: 66464
Position Number: 64055478
Closing Date: 07/08/2019
- Review quarterly inspection assignments for quality assurance as directed by the Environmental Manager. Develop and maintain a spreadsheet of all assignments each quarter to track, reconcile, and archive inspection assignments.
- Independently screens and responds to or refers calls or emails received by the radiation control area inspection office, requiring an understanding of each radiation control program and the radiation subject areas assigned to each section, including lasers and other non-ionizing radiation devices, x-ray machines, radioactive materials, radon, and environmental radiation. Relays information when appropriate to radiation emergency response section.
- Track and document vehicle maintenance and repairs for each state vehicle. Assist inspectors with obtaining needed repairs or maintenance. Obtains proper approvals after verifying that available vendor will accept state purchasing card. Prepares requisition and assures completion and submission of receipts. Orders supplies and needed new materials independently to assure no shortages occur. Review monthly vehicle reports for accuracy and insure all receipts (gas, oil, repairs, etc.) are included. Insure all columns are totaled. Submit paperwork no later than the 5th of each month.
- Provides each environmental specialist with quarterly personal monitoring devices to assure no radiation over-exposure occurs. Exchanges each environmental specialist's badge and the control badge quarterly and mails used badges for reading of exposures. Similarly provides each environmental specialist with an annual "escort" badge. Distributes quarterly and annual exposure reports and maintains file copies for the environmental specialist.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail to the appropriate person requiring a familiarity with technical terms and knowledge of departmental correspondence procedures and formats. Insures all outgoing mail is prepared and mailed promptly. Prepares correspondence, forms, reports, budget and personnel documents requiring familiarity with technical terms and knowledge of departmental correspondence procedures and formats. Maintains quarterly office budget to insure no overages.
- Prepares travel request forms, submits routine requests no less than 1 week before travel dates and non-routine no less than 30 days before travel dates. Tracks travel requests through completion to insure staff has authorization before traveling. Prepares independently all travel vouchers of area office staff requiring knowledge and familiarity with department travel regulations. Similarly prepares travel vouchers for travel expenses which will be reimbursed by the U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, requiring familiarity with that agency's regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications, KSAs, and/or other Specific Information:
The incumbent of this position has state of Florida Visa card responsibilities for purchasing office supplies, equipment, services, etc. This requires familiarity with state purchasing rules.
Years of experience: At least two years of clerical or administrative experience.
Special Notes or additional information (not required, but may be preferred):
The candidate selected for this position must live in Ocoee or Orlando Florida.
NOTE: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
Incumbent may be required to work before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or performing other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural. This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
21 days ago - source