A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
- Ensure successful project creation to enable transparent and compliant accounting, insightful reporting & analysis: including guidance to the team on the governance process, cost center development and assignment to associates, accounting & reporting requirements including syndication of costs to the segments
- Partner with Digital Technologies Directors and budget managers to understand Digital Acceleration activities, how they drive cost, provide analysis to support any strategic recommendations led by the Sr. Finance Managers.
- Ensure both Digital Technologies and business/segment targets are fully understood and communication by all involved stakeholders.
- Work together with project team members and S&F co-pilots, on the process development, knowledge transfer and document retention of business case building and project cost monitoring
- Ensure entries in the budgeting system are complete and accurate and align with targets, constraints and parameters.
- Contribute to Digital Technologies Operating Plan assumptions
- Respond to ad hoc requests as needed
- Ensure period close process is completed timely and accurately in collaboration with Digital Technologies team.
- Prepare period financial reporting, analysis and insights that enable Digital Technologies Directors, Project Managers and Digital Acceleration Governance committees to take action and make decisions
- Identify and flag historic and forward-looking financial risk identification and mitigation
- Prepare all Mars Inc. transformational reporting requirements for Digital Acceleration
- Provide assistance to the Digital Technologies Finance Lead, Digital Technologies Segment Finance Managers and Digital Technologies Enterprise Finance Manager on ad hoc requests to ensure smooth operations between functions
- Challenging existing processes, defining new and more efficient solutions and applying best practices
- Ensure that all work-stream/budget managers are completing accruals, cross charges and other financial entries in a timely manner and escalating non-compliances to Digital Technologies Finance Lead
- Communicate to Directors and budget managers about procedures and processes of Operating Plan and Mclean Transformation financial rules
- Financial sign-off for feasibility projects (
- Financial sign-off for project execution (
- First level financial sign-off for larger projects including review of cost and benefits plans ($750k+)
- Back-fill headcount approvals
- Provides reports to the Management Team to assist the development of project cost transparency and performance issues/opportunities
- Interprets and follows the processes, procedures and ways of working cascaded by the Mclean.
Defines ways of working within the project team with ad-hoc consultation of the line manager.
- 3+ years of experience working in a finance/planning environment, experience of working in a global function/organization (working across different time-zones/regions is desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), strong interpersonal skills including the ability to successfully influence associates within & outside the S&F function, ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge in SAP & MS Office (Strong Excel skills desired, i.e. pivot tables).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA or relevant finance experience.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.