At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for a ridiculously creative, talented, proven, smart, hard-working art director. Maybe they’ve called you a graphic designer or, worse, a set of hands. But you know how to concept, design, execute, revise, review, and otherwise produce awesome creative work—from ads to collateral to entire website designs to scripted videos and internal projects to infographics and whatever other creative challenge knocks on the door.
Here's What You Will Be Doing:
- Supporting global Marketing department as needed. So stuff like...
- Concepting, designing, refining, and otherwise producing differentiated marketing materials for collateral, banners, websites, videos, internal one-offs, external two-offs, infographics, events, t-shirts, socks, and whatever other creative challenge lands on your proverbial plate.
- Getting up close with the market, competitors, customers, and prospective customers
- Maintaining (and evolving) our brand guidelines. Must be able to navigate the nuances between different products, audiences, and regions—and do it cohesively.
- Elevating every project you work on; that's our mantra.
- Working with the best in-house creative team around.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- A great portfolio, full of solid, smart, creative work. We can't emphasize enough: DO NOT apply without either attaching a PDF or sending a link to your work online. Where you went to college is nice; the work you've done is what wil get you the job.
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design, advertising, and/or marketing. If you have less experience than that but have a portfolio that'll kick us in the shins, apply on!
- Self-sufficiency, motivation, & ownership. We have zero on-staff babysitters.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments, other art directors, copywriters, videographers.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback without feeling like someone's trying to paint a mohawk on your personal Mona Lisa. This isn't our attempt to reserve the right to be awful. We just want to make sure we're clear: everything any given art director does isn't going to be a masterpiece, at least not on the first try.
- Culture fit. Hopefully your creativity isn't limited to your day job. Our best results are with creatives who are genuinely great at their craft but also do interesting things when they go home. As Tom Waits once croaked, "The way you do one thing is the way you do everything."
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships
- Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches
- iMac or Macbooks
10 days ago - source