Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We build front end applications natively in both Android and iOS as well as using modern web components.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work with multiple teams you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to defining the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your teams, and the end user.
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you will be working on
The Technical Product Specialist will be working with our solution sales team as the chief product specialist. They will be involved in the presentation of our strategy and vision along with demonstrations of our products and a source of truth for inbound inquiry from customers. In addition, they will function as a primary liaison with our product team providing market analysis and input on product direction.
About the Banno Team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of over 100, we place a high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people. Travel of up to 50% will be required for company meetings, customer visits and other professional development.
This position will be hired in Springfield, MO, Cedar Falls, IA or Remotely from any US location.
- Minimum five years of product sales or digital sales/marketing experience within the banking industry.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong project management experience.
- Able to identify, understand and articulate market trends with respect to product demands.
- Able to maintain knowledge of up-and-coming techniques.
- Able to design products that meet industry needs and requirements.
- Highly experienced working in the community banking sector.
- Strong public communication skills in speaking and presenting.
- General knowledge of the digital landscape in financial services.
- Provides product expertise and resources to Sales. Participates in strategic sales engagements. Articulates product strategy and promotes the offering.
- Monitors forecasts to ensure performance to plan.
- Researches market trends and needs; monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs; articulates findings in the form of product requirements.
- Researches competitor products and maintains competitive comparisons and evaluations. Plays proactive role in product planning and design to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors in the marketplace and incorporates latest technologies.
- Collaborates with Marketing to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, and product updates.
- Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Provides strategic guidance to address product weaknesses.
- Establishes pricing strategies.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8 days ago - source