Microsoft’s CDS division leads the ecosystem of Microsoft partners to design and sell the latest device solutions featuring Windows platform, Windows Server, Office and Windows Embedded/IoT. One of the largest and most profitable business at Microsoft, the CDS division is chartered with maximizing Microsoft’s impact across the entire OEM partner ecosystem from the supply chain to OEMs and through the distribution channels. If you’re passionate about impacting the global ecosystem of partners, and influencing the customer experience on the hundreds of millions of devices that ship every year, then this is the team for you.
The Internet of Things (IoT) Device Experience Team is responsible for the global relationship management and sales performance of more than 8,000 OEMs that are designing and selling many of the most exciting and widely used devices such as Point Of Service, Self Service Kiosks, Digital Signage, ATMs, GPS/PNDs, Industrial PCs and even wearable and other emerging IoT device categories. Sales ecosystem include silicon providers, ODM’s, Value Added resellers, system integrators, independent service vendors, service provider as well as OEMs. Our mission is to accelerate and scale the repeatable device-to-cloud solutions with the device ecosystem partners globally.
The Azure Sphere Sales Solutions Professional is front and center in our partner’s digital transformation using Azure Sphere devices and Azure-based cloud security solution and will establish key business relationship with Azure Sphere unique partner eco-system, orchestrating alignment and pipeline with account managers & eco-partners.
- (20%) Business Development: Identify opportunities within key target verticals & markets for both device & solutions sales. Establish deep relationships with key business and technical stockholders that have the power to drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Develop customer’s buying vision for how Microsoft Azure Sphere & Azure platform can help them reduce costs, increase business agility, and execute sales and consumption plans to ensure fiscal year and long-term revenue and consumption goals are achieved. Lead public cloud discussions with customers and help optimize their IT environment and investments. Build strong relationships with local teams and engage and handoff as appropriate. Work with TSP and Channel Executive community to further define motion with top managed accounts. Focus on intense competitive design-in against AWS, Google and other competitors.
- (25%) Trusted Advisor for Partners: Establish key business relationship with Azure Sphere partners and become the trusted on solution, business model transformation ideation and security. Understand the partners’ security concerns, device-to-cloud solution roadmap, competitive challenges, services vision and create differentiation strategies. Build trusted cloud & security subject matter expert position in depth with the starategic partners through a deep understanding of the partners’ cloud strategy and business imperatives. Maintain a deep knowledge of the IoT devices and solution market as well as industry trends to share with partner. Provide partner go to market and on boarding assistance as needed. Achieve and exceed Azure Sphere design-ins and shipped units. Support the channel ecosystem owner in recruiting and activating regional partner ecosystem to drive IoT sales.
- (35%) Opportunity Management: Work closely with both partners and internal Microsoft roles to take advantage of up-sell opportunities for IoT device-to-cloud repeatable solutions with the device builders. Drive POCs and pilots for Azure Sphere Services across this ecosystem. Work with partners to build a plan to increase sales of Azure services. Support partners and channel executives with registered designs to maximize results and return on investment and qualify engagements to drive the sales. Orchestrate internal alignment and pipeline reviews with CDS channel executives and respective ecosystem partners to ensure the growth of solution pipeline.
- (20%) Organization Leadership: Engage with and bring together eco-system partners to deliver end-to-end solutions (incl. module makes, system integrators, software providers and silicon manufacturers). Lead a virtual team of technical, marketing, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed Azure Sphere targets. Establish close alignment with MSFT segments teams to across the region to generate leads on Azure Sphere, advocate partners, and provide feedback to Corp teams and Regional IoT cross segments. Orchestrate relevant and applicable internal resources to drive maximum coverage on key opportunities and strategies. Drive strong collaboration across Microsoft teams to ensure connected device end to end IoT solution capability with broad partner ecosystem including IHV, ISV, SI partnering with WCB & OCP where applicable.
Experience Required: Education, Skills and Knowledge:
5+ years of experience in solution-based selling to senior business decision makers.
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters/ MBA degree preferred
- Executive maturity and business acumen. Experience engaging C-level executives
- Knowledgeable and experience in enterprise and solution selling
- Experience in managing opportunities in context of hardware development lifecycle
- Knowledge of hardware, silicon, security, MCU markets
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans and to drive influence in a matrixed environment with partners
- Strong strategic skills including ability to quickly understand issues, scope requirements, drive viewpoints and support across divisions, map out the plan for success and implement
- Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills to (1) identify market opportunities, (2) quantify results and (3) execute on COE plans.
- Experience in problem solving leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization.
- Experience with professional services engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, planning and leadership competencies
- Passionate about partners and customers.
- Professional Training and Certification preferred: Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Challenger Sales, Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.), and sales methodologies (equivalent to MSP).
- Ability to travel (30%)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.