Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution — Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like Zillow, DoorDash, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
It’s a very exciting time to join the team as Iterable has recently been recognized as one of 2018's Best Places to Work, we’ve been in the top companies on the SaaS 1000, and held our first customer conference which was a sell-out success. We are excited to open our third office in the US - San Francisco, New York, and now Denver.
The Big Fast Data team (BFD) architects, builds, and operates world class data infrastructure for Iterable. As a member of the team you will research and experiment with new data streaming and storage technologies to support business use cases, system stability, and improve the customer experience. You will evangelize data infrastructure technologies by developing in-house expertise and best practices around these technologies, and providing ongoing support to product engineering and platform engineering teams. You will build and operate systems to ingest and serve data at scale in a 24/7 high-uptime production environment.
Examples of recent and current work includes:
- Rolling out a company-wide queuing solution built on Apache Pulsar
- Developing a new data ingestion pipeline using Akka Streams, Kafka, and Elasticsearch
- Contributing to open source projects, including Apache Pulsar and Play Framework
- Building a storage and query system for customer catalog data
- Supporting multiple Elasticsearch clusters storing 120TB+ of customer data, ingesting 600GB+ per day
- Speaking at conferences and meetups, including the local Scala and Elasticsearch meetups and Scale by the Bay
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll get to work on what you like and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- Experience or strong interest in databases and data storage, NoSQL, key-value stores, messaging, and distributed systems
- Several years experience writing and running production code
- Knowledge of Scala or an eagerness to learn
- Experience in engineering and running distributed systems
- Experience with Unix-based systems
- Experience with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Passion for learning and mentoring others. A team player.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Employee Wellness Allowance of $160/month
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 2/19/2019
Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, and Product & Engineering
7 days ago - source