Job Title: Software Developer 1 (Dev Ops)
Job Requisition Number: RC171033
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Orlando, Florida 32810
Under close supervision, Ensures application of systems thinking principles, allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new business capabilities.
This position will be responsible for creating automated DevOps solutions increasing speed and reliability for building, delivering, and operating applications running in On Site and Cloud environments
Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- Design, code, test, and deploy software
- Experience in Java programming
- Apply modern principals, methodologies, tools, and systematic processes
- Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology
- DevOps/Agile development knowledge
- Knowledge of/experience in scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell)
- Object Oriented Design knowledge
- Web Services (REST/SOAP) experience
- UI Development Framework exposure
- Linux System Administration exposure
Relocation assistance is available for this position based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree /or equivalent formal training, certifications, or work experience in coding.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CDT) on July 18th, 2019.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
6 days ago - source