Softlines PD Designer EMEA
12 months Fixed Term Contract
London, Camden Town
The Product Development Designer position sits within the London office of Viacom and Nickelodeon Consumer Products (part of Viacom International Media Networks). VNCP are responsible for the licensing management and product development across the successful portfolio of Viacom brands including including Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob Square Pants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Paw Patrol and MTV.
The team in London provide support to the International business, (Asia, EMEA, America’s) as well as regional and local support across Business and Legal, Finance, Sales, Brand Management (strategy, planning) and Creative (asset development, product development, marketing, retail and promotional materials).
Working within the EMEA Product Development team for Softlines, who manage the EMEA product approvals for Apparel, Accessories, Footwear, Home, Back to School and Paper & Party, this role will focus on the day to day management of product approvals and provide creative support to our external partners and licensees.
As part of the Viacom and Nickelodeon Global creative team, the Product Development Designer, Softlines, sits within the EMEA Product Development Softlines team and reports to the Senior Product Development Manager EMEA, ANZ.
The Global Creative team has functionality: roles and remit, across both International and by region/territory e.g. EMEA, Americas & Asia. This role is within the International team who are based in London.
- Responsible for the day to day management of product approvals from concept to production for specific EMEA, ANZ & Indian Softlines licensees.
- Provide design directions, creative support and feedback to licensees across relevant projects to ensure brand values and product quality are maintained.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with both internal and external partners and participate in key licensee meetings.
- Provide research, development and execution of original creative projects as appropriate (potential product, collaboration and retail pitch opportunities)
- Work closely with the Account Managers and BALA team to ensure all product development is in line with terms outlined in contracts.
- Curate all relevant assets within the internal system to ensure all licensees have the relevant assets they need for development in their territories.
- Support the development of the business strategies and assist in identifying new business opportunities for our properties in assigned categories and region.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of creative trends and product development including identify potential new product categories and opportunities.
- Commit to consistently improve creative development – push the creative boundaries of traditional approaches to develop innovative, business relevant and original creative solutions for our brands.
- BA/BS or Technical College qualification related to design and product field
- Experience working within product development, ideally within a licensing environment.
- Competent understanding of the licensing industry, including licensing contracts and agreements.
- Essential – excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator and have strong creative and design skills
- Intermediate experience within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word PPT.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A second language is preferable.
- Design experience within kid’s product development is preferable.
- Experience working within Retail design is preferable
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
- A strong decision maker. Can prioritise well, manage in a high pressure environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Possesses a positive attitude, is solutions focused and has an energetic approach to work.
- Flexibility, self motivated and an ability to work independently
- Pro-active team player and highly responsive to requests
- Creative flair – natural ability to work with trends and product development concepts
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.”
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when hiring for our teams, we think outside the box, we are open minded and champion difference.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.