We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As our Social Media Manager, your mission is to position Calm as the global expert for meditation, sleep, and mindfulness. You will evolve our current organic social media strategy to better support our members, engage new ones and build community. You get to create and execute the strategy while further optimizing based on data. This role is critical to building our brand authority.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create social content about Calm content and feature launches
- Grow our global audience across all channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube) and increase our brand recognition and authority
- Own the social media content calendar, working cross-functionally with the Content team, Brand Marketing + UA teams
- Create compelling content that embodies brand voice, style, tone, and visual identity
- Proofread and schedule social content
- Supervise and mentor a team of community managers
- Report on the success of social media campaigns and optimize as needed
- Exercise good judgment and be a content “guardian” to ensure the brand is always putting the best face forward
- Action-oriented. Strong project manager. Able to multitask and juggle multiple projects, will follow up on deadlines, flagging questions + issues, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Creative. Develops and come up with new ideas, approaches, ways to be more efficient
- Written communications, with extremely strong attention to detail (written and verbal)
- Tech-savvy. Resourceful and capitalizes on tools to create efficiencies.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (especially Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and the passion to stay current with the changing landscape of these channels.
- Interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial spirit and positive energy
- Willing to take risks. Isn’t afraid to take chances and try new things on social media -- with the goal of driving engagement, inserting our brand into relevant conversations and driving virality.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
7 days ago - source