TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
About TripAdvisor Experiences:
TripAdvisor Experiences makes it simple for travellers to find exactly what they want to do. With direct access to more than 100,000 bookable activities, travellers can easily discover and book incredible experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. That person will be highly motivated, technically proficient and results orientated with a proven track record in delivering valued business support.
The role is based within the finance department (a total team of 15), reporting to the Senior Finance Manager – Operations Accounting but will also involve developing close working relationships with the product, engineering, customer service and trust and safety teams as well as other parts of the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a busy finance department in a similar high volume transactional role. Key skills will include good organisational and time management, strong analytical skills with an attention to detail, cross-functional team working and an ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of new accounting and cash management systems. A working knowledge of accounting principles is essential as is a good knowledge of Excel.
The role is based in Oxford and may include travel to the TripAdvisor headquarters in Boston.
- Take ownership of the preparation of monthly financial accounts for the Experiences business across its U.S., Australian and U.K. entities. This includes revenue and cost accounting and also the posting of accruals and provisions where required
Ensure commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
Take full responsibility for monthly PayPal, Braintree, AMEX and BOA cash reconciliations during the financial close ensuring reconciling items are clearly aged and resolved in a timely manner. Work closely with the Financial Systems team to ensure that any allocation issues are identified and progress tracked through to resolution
Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with internal SOX controls for all key balance sheet accounts for review by senior management and follow up of unreconciled balances
Provide assistance to senior management in the discharging of indirect tax compliance obligations. This will involve developing indirect tax strategy and working closely with external consultants to ensure that ever-increasing VAT registrations and filing requirements are met
- Taking ownership where required of deep analytical dives into various P&L and balance sheet accounts to help senior management understand results versus forecast
- Evaluate the adequacy of the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls and processes by way of walkthroughs, testing and continuous monitoring of control compliance within a Sarbanes-Oxley framework
- Take a leading role in the design and implementation of accounting processes and procedures to ensure a high degree of completeness and accuracy in the financial statements
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required
What We Seek:
- Accounting/business degree and professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA/CPA) with 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience of working in a forward looking and innovative environment, ideally internet-based or FMCG
- Proven ability to work and strive in a fast growing (and changing) business and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities
- Ability to organise data to create and maintain complex financial models that support a variety of accounting and reporting goals
- Strong presentation, communication and project management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a complex, collaborative and changing environment while staying focused on key goals and objectives
- Skills and Software: Advanced MS Excel required. Strong financial systems experience required. Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus
Tags: SQL and Other