Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Looking for a Senior Technical Writer to work with our product managers, engineers, QA, and legal teams to research and document the Checkr platform. You will write clear, concise, and informative documentation to educate external developers, partners, and prospects on Checkr’s features and functionality.
Help us build a culture deeply invested in documentation, by translating institutional knowledge into an internal shared documentation repository.
Please send writing samples, and describe your role in their production.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and define documentation gaps.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other team members to collect source information, obtain technical reviews, and test functionality, as necessary.
- Work independently and with targeted stakeholders to generate first and final draft content of highly detailed internal systems. Know when to ask 10 follow up questions and not just take the first answer you get as gospel.
- Create flow charts, text, spreadsheets, and content to best describe the system.
- Help design the content strategy for our user guides and developer portal.
- Generate user guides, programming guides, systems diagrams, and technical white papers for internal and external audiences.
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working with engineers and product managers to document highly technical processes.
- Demonstrated experience writing documentation for enterprise audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, juggle competing priorities, and meet tight deadlines with grace and calm.
- Desire to write in a regulated environment. You know when to involve key legal stakeholders.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, Swagger or a similar framework, code commenting tools, Git, and source code repositories preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail. Analytical thinker and effective problem-solver.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
_Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. _
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the _San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance_.
AWS, Git, Product, and Product Management
6 days ago - source