GitHub's Infrastructure Team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Infrastructure team.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will work with members of the Infrastructure department as well as stakeholders throughout the company. Our team is highly distributed, and you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication.
You have the perspective and experience to spot the conflicts between process and tech, resource constraints and dependencies, and can communicate and collaborate effectively with both deeply technical and not so technical stakeholders.
- Partner with Infrastructure leadership to break down current and future work items into ranked technical deployment projects that can be brought in to planning in a sequential manner
- Tailor best-in-class project management tools and methodologies for the GitHub environment (using GitHub.com) to design and build highly detailed and accurate project management plans outlining tasks, milestone dates and allocation of resources
- Lead and drive forward all components of cross functional team deliverables to completion for highly complex technical projects
- Clarify and drive project commitments and priorities, establish and maintain clear chains of accountability, while clearly communicating to project stakeholders
- Assess and manage project risks appropriately, own technical project escalations through resolution
- Identify areas of opportunity to implement projects aimed at increasing operational efficiency and risk reduction
- 8+ years of relevant engineering or infrastructure experience required, including at least 5 years in a Technical Project Management, Program Management, or other technical/engineering leadership role
- Excellent Planning & Organizing skills: Determines goals and priorities and assesses the actions, time and resources needed to achieve the goals; attention to detail and multi-tasking skills required
- Excellent Communication skills: Actively listens and ensures that written and verbal interactions are accurate, clear, concise and tailored to suit the recipient
- Excellent Relationship Building skills: Develops, maintains and strengthens partnerships to establish credibility and trust inside and outside the organization. Proven experience and high comfort developing consensus and leading without authority.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses and searches for best solutions
- Skilled at Dealing with Paradox: Takes a balanced approach to situations and is able to think strategically and act tactically depending upon the situation
- Proven success working asynchronously with a distributed team across multiple time zones
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
11 days ago - source