Making a difference in another person’s life is a truly fulfilling experience.
There are not many careers that allow you to give back to your community whilst enabling you to build a career to be proud of. At Cherish UK we are looking to expand our team of care professionals and are recruiting in the Rochdale area.
Senior Support Workers are responsible for providing whatever help and support that is identified in the Cherish UK care plan. It is likely that to achieve this, the person receiving support will require aid from a number of different people, including friends, family and other professionals. It will therefore be necessary for the Senior Support Worker to respect and work co-operatively with others enabling the individual to live in their own home within their local community, based on the individual’s preferences/needs within the framework of the Care Plan and Risk Assessments.
Senior Support Worker will additionally be allocated a number of tasks relating to the supervising and development of new staff. They will also be given responsibility for the completion key tasks involving a clients’ care ensuring that meets the organisations . Support Workers are accountable to the Care Manager or senior person on duty.
- Provide coaching & guidance to the care team and provide cover in their absence.
- To complete shadowing shifts and medication observations with all new staff, to ensure that they are competent and confident before they are sent out Lone Working, and to identify if they need any additional Training or Support.
- To be a competent role model to the team.
- To report any areas of improvement or staffing issues to the Coordinators.
- Administering and recording of medication as and when required.
- To complete regular medication audits and inform the coordinators if medication needs reordering.
- Participate in the review; recording and updating of care plans when required.
- Support clients with washing, using the toilet, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist with serving food and drinks supporting clients who need assistance during meal times
- Assist in the delivery of care for clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
- Undertake moving & handling of residents and loads using specialist equipment
- Ensure the client’s living area is kept clean, tidy and safe for other team member to work in.
- Ensure individual aids and equipment used by residents are maintained e.g. wheelchairs, hoists etc.
- Ensure that all information regarding clients and the organisation is not divulged to third parties without approval.
- To check that all paperwork and Personal Protection Equipment is replenished in our clients homes on a regular basis.
- To complete regular spot checks on all paperwork within a client’s file. To ensure that the paperwork is being completed correctly and that any Client Care Plans/Reviews are up to date on site and to report to the Coordinator/Care assessor if a file needs updating, and to ensure that the client file is kept in an acceptable condition.
- To bring all visit record sheets/MAR Sheets into the office on the first of every month to be audited and filed away.
- To support the care assessor with any setups for new clients if required.
If you're looking for a new challenge, apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 /hour
- Support Environment: 1 year (Required)
- Rochdale (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (Preferred)
No longer accepting applications.