Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Riot, you possess broad understanding of the entire development cycle while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. Not only will you have the opportunity to work with the cutting-edge technology needed to handle the scale of League of Legends, you will also be empowered to explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
Senior Software Engineers on the Infrastructure Platform team will build and operate the infrastructure that not only powers the backend services behind League of Legends, but also paves the way for future games. To accomplish that, the Infrastructure team works on everything from hardware and networking to systems for service deployment, discovery, configuration, and monitoring.
Riot's services have a unique traffic profile (low-ish bandwidth, uber low latency), and need to run seamlessly in different production environments (e.g. data centers, cloud providers, and on the infrastructure of partners like Tencent and Garena) which creates a novel set of challenges that very few infrastructure providers or gaming companies have to think about. Additionally, as games 2 and beyond advance further in development, IP is tasked with identifying solutions to support millions of new players for different genres, and potentially on new devices. We’re also developing the infrastructure on which to host all our games on an integrated platform. As such, IP plays a critical role in bringing Riot into a multi-game future, and we're looking for Senior Software Engineers who not only understand the fundamentals of designing scalable software, but also have a passion for architecting, building, and evangelizing infrastructure solutions.
- Build scalable software to optimize our Containers as a Service platform to deliver rapid deployment and scaling for our game services
- Develop tooling to lower network latency and improve in-game player experiences
- Craft solutions to protect players from DDOS attacks and other vulnerabilities
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Mentor and lead other Rioters
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Depth of experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and scalable software
- Experience mentoring and leading others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Ansible, Chef, DevOps, Puppet, Engineering, and Software Engineering
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.