About DoorDash Product Design
DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: customer, merchants, and drivers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. The company is at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, Design plays a strong voice, providing critical thought partnership in the cross-functional product development. Our Design team is still in an early stage, which means you’ll contribute to shaping the design culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful design problems.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to create the world-class tool designs for our internal users in Operations team. The internal tool is the critical underlying engine to make the operations efficient and seamless for the three-sided marketplace, and it needs a strong design leadership with deep customer empathy.
What you’ll do
- Actively practice and evangelize user-centric thinking
- Own and drive internal tool design problems from ideation to execution
- Build the relationship and collaborate closely with the cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering and Operations
- Shadow Operations team regularly to gather qualitative feedback, identify the opportunities and test design solutions iteratively
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design in the dynamic ecosystem of the three-sided marketplace
- Create user scenarios, user journey, information architecture, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development
- Deliver the production-ready assets and specs for the web development
- Work with Design Infrastructure team to conform with the latest design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
- You love fast-paced startup environment
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a strong information architect
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
- You love the complex problems and iterative approach
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the complex problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry; Prior experience in the tool design is preferred
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology
- Must be able to work in our offices in San Francisco (HQ), Mountain View, CA, or Phoenix, AZ.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in all 50 states of the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.