TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Lead and prioritise the planning and scheduling of activities across a number of sites globally by creating imaginative, competitive and complementary schedules which are
operation focused and will provide necessary coverage for all brands and languages.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for schedules and detailed schedule plans, ensuring that they accurately reflect the overall strategy and priorities of key stakeholders at any point in time
- Play a strong advisory role to senior managers on schedules that fulfil the operational objectives
- Lead planning activities for short to long term, working closely with the Planning and Operation management teams to ensure appropriate coverage of phone lines, emails and chats.
- Agree key details of the schedule plan with senior managers and communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the timely implementation of schedules
- Work collaboratively with senior managers, to anticipate and resolve scheduling issues - ensure that schedules across all sites are complimentary
- Lead and develop a team to implement the schedules – identify best practice and encourage continuous improvement
- Monitor the performance of schedules and make changes where there is an improvement to be made/advantage to be gained
- Ensure that detailed contingency and business continuity plans are in place for anticipated and unanticipated changes to the schedule
- Work with Planning, Finance and Ops teams to ensure that all schedules are financially and legally responsible.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Expert understanding of short, medium and longer term tactical scheduling strategies
- Analytical approach to schedule development and high attention to detail
- Ability to identify key facts, trends and issues, to anticipate problems and propose solutions. Able to manage large volumes of information and identify salient points
- A thorough understanding of call centres technologies and practises
- Leadership experience gained in a scheduling environment at a multinational. Able to lead and develop a team, to build a shared vision and manage performance to achieve objectives
- Strong IT skills, particularly around spreadsheets and bespoke scheduling software. Experience of using and adapting scheduling applications and interrogating databases, including complex data extraction and manipulation and of translation of such data into user friendly formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resilient in discussions with senior colleagues but also open to new ideas or new perspectives; uses effective listening and ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
- Significant planning and organising skills, able to meet multiple fixed deadlines. Reacts to constant changes in priorities by re-organising work of self and others to meet shifting deadlines and targets. Able to retain focus on key aims and objectives in the long term, whilst retaining a careful watch on day-to-day detail.
- A member of the management team, contributes to the development and implementation of strategy
- Take a leading role in adapting the schedule in case of changes in seasonality or intraday patterns
- Prepare contingency plans and monitor the progress of the schedule by reviewing figures
- Ensure effective communication with management
- Attend JPM meetings and present upcoming schedules.