Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for a highly-driven Senior Manager, Tax Controversy to join our team in San Francisco. This position be responsible for managing Airbnb’s global tax controversies. Senior Manager, Tax Controversy will will interface with members of the Airbnb tax and finance teams, finance management and various cross functional teams.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day activities in regards to ongoing federal, state, and foreign audits
- Respond to Information Document Requests from taxing authorities and solicit responses from other members of the tax department and broader finance
- Present Airbnb’s position on technical tax matters before the taxing authorities
- Serve as a liaison between tax compliance, tax reporting, tax planning and the business segments in order to ensure all aspects of the federal, state, foreign audits, appeals and litigation processes are properly managed, communicated and resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Build relationships with internal finance, legal, business leaders as well as external advisors to ensure complete and timely flow of information needed for effective resolution of tax audits
- Interact with government personnel on a regular basis to understand, discuss, and assist in bringing resolution to difficult and complex issues
- Interface with the other members of the tax department to ensure tax risks are assessed and tax positions are properly documented and are defensible
- Assist in review of Revenue Agent Reports for completeness and computational accuracy to ensure all issues have been properly accounted for
- Draft tax audit guidelines to help cross-functional teams understand the tax audit process
- 10+ years of relevant experience in law firm or Big 4, and fast-paced, multinational high-technology companies
- Strong foundation of direct and indirect tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on tax positions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work
- Proven ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details
- Proven ability to identify and manage tax and execution risks
- Strong analytical, organizational, and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all level of staff, with cross-functional teams, upper management, and outside consultants
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.