Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an inspirational, inclusive leader, who knows how to encompass diversity in a complex, fast paced operations environment for our Global Offline Trust Operations. To be successful in this role you will need to relish the challenge of constant change, an ever-growing organization, and be passionate about mitigating risk and keeping the Airbnb community safe. Reporting to the Global Director of Trust Operations and based in Portland, Oregon, or Seattle, Washington, the Senior Manager will be someone who is aligned to our core values and leads teams in an open and transparent way. The role will be responsible for Trust Operations strategic development and service delivery across multiple operational sub-teams, including Screenings, Offline Risk, and Identity, and any new services developed or integrated.
The role involves setting team goals, policies and best practices, roadmapping, strategic planning, and reporting on the success and challenges of your operations on a periodic basis. You’ll work closely with the Senior Manager, Global Online Trust Operations, and Product, Policy, Business Unit, and Platform Team stakeholders. The role will manage Global Functional Managers, driving key initiatives across each sub-team to ensure that they continue to evolve in line with our values and business goals. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb, protecting the safety of our users, and growing Trust in our community.
Performance Metrics Accountability
- Strong awareness of operational health and the multiple layers of your function; operate levers needed to maintain Service Level Agreements
- Set targets for your Operation
- Accountable for all operational KPIs (some may be shared with other teams) - Productivity, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Escalation Rate, SLAs, Backlog Aging, etc.
- Work with global teams to understand root cause of performance challenges and drive a philosophy of continuous business improvement.
- Monitor costs and losses, and manage the team to perform root cause analysis on variances.
- Ensure employee engagement within the team by creating strong, trusted connections with the whole team and utilizing effective communication to help translate the mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Manage, support, and develop the Global Functional Managers to design and influence employee experience programs as needed.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for team structure, recruiting, onboarding and training by working with Trust Leadership, Shared Services Leadership, direct reports and other business partners in Employee Experience.
- Hire and develop great team leaders, foster team cohesion, and build strong team engagement
- Support the career path and growth for all team members; coaching and guidance when needed, holding regular career conversations
- Hold team members accountable to expectations and performance manage direct reports
Strategy & Planning:
- Build on Trust and Trust Operations Priorities to adapt to your operational mission and vision
- Own operational planning and strategy to work towards Operational Excellence
- Translate company goals into clear and comprehensive directives for team. Support direct reports as they implement new directives.
- Stay ahead of the growth and business direction and ensure that Trust Offline Operations is set up for success.
- Keep an active look out for risks, potential gains and issues to anticipate advancements and opportunities to advance the teams’ goals.
- Work with various leaders across Trust, Community Support, and Business Functions, to determine best strategic growth plans across your Operation
- Work with Community Support Partner Management on the global partner strategy of your operation and support the growth of partner network within your operation.
- Partner with Trust Product to plan for tools and product that will improve operational productivity and quality, and be a strong source of feedback for fraud trends, attacks, and gaps.
- Serve as a thought leader in your functional operations in order to partner with your Product Manager(s) and influence the functional Product roadmap
- Understand how the Product roadmap impacts operations and provide feedback and guidance to PMs for any negative impact to operations
- Lead and/or participate in Operations-specific and/or company wide projects that may be assigned by leadership.
- Seasonal or Special projects based on the needs of the team or the customer.
- Handle any serious escalations from other parts of Airbnb.
Skills, Competencies and Must-haves:
- Leadership development - Coach direct reports to become “Ultimate Hosts” as leaders for their own direct reports.
- Inspiring Teams - Champion Airbnb’s Mission to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals. Work with direct reports to create team trust, cohesion, and fulfillment.
- Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills - Ability to look at each problem or data set from many different angles to find innovative and simple solutions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Ability to take what is available and build a fort with it; it’s not a problem, it’s a challenge.
- Financial Prowess - Be a cereal entrepreneur and ensure that we are using our resources to the best result possible. Show skills in managing budgets and handling forecasts.
- Simplify - Able to see through complexity to find the best path forward.
- Produce well-crafted memos, presentations, and proposals to meet your and your team’s objectives.
- Embrace the adventure with Peers, Partners, and teams and use superior communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Use innovative channels of communication to keep teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles.
- Be a team player focused on what is right for our community, and Airbnb.
- Minimum 10 years of senior management experience in a Risk, Trust and Safety, or Customer Experience operations role.
- Experience leading customer-facing or operations teams of 100+ employees.
- Track record of performance results, strong leadership, and managing effectively through change.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.