Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and to enable them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
Based in Miami, your role as a member of the Airbnb legal team will involve working closely with business partners across the US and countries in Latin America, and collaborate globally where necessary, to provide practical and commercially focused insurance legal advice and support. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and poise. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro-activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team. This role is based in our Miami office and reports to Airbnb’s Associate General Counsel for Latin America based in Miami.
The ideal candidate will be able to do the following with a focus on the Latin American region:
- Drive commercial contracting for various agreements necessary to support the operations of Airbnb, and in particular Airbnb’s corporate and customer facing insurance products and services.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and partners to research and provide guidance on insurance regulatory requirements to support insurance initiatives from the launch of new insurance products to incident management.
- Remain up-to-date and keep the team advised on laws and regulations dealing with insurance, advertising, and consumer protection affecting Airbnb’s business.
- Provide coverage review, analysis, and strategy advice on diverse range of complex insurance litigation and pre-litigated matters in numerous jurisdictions across the region.
- Act as an insurance legal stakeholder in the strategy and planning for claims administration and issue escalations.
- Manage outside counsel on complex research issues with an eye toward driving business goals while effectively managing time and cost.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and manage regulatory outreach related to Airbnb's customer facing insurance products and services.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the legal department when it comes to insurance related issues and questions in the Latin American region.
- Be comfortable with scaling insurance programs globally through collaboration with local legal and business partners in the Rest of the World.
- Be a team player, helping with agreements across a wide variety of subject matter areas.
- Qualification to practice law in a country of Latin America. LLM in a US Law School preferred.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of relevant insurance legal experience.
- Fluency in English & Spanish (verbal and written) required. Portuguese fluency in addition, is a plus.
- Creative, flexible, and experienced commercial attorney with business orientated outlook.
- General experience working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Several years in-house experience, preferably in the insurance and/or technology sector.
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama and desire to get things done.
- Flexible for travel mainly within Latam and the US (with concentration to San Francisco).
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
AWS and Legal
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.