You are passionate about UX, with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging experiences. You have a proven understanding of information architecture, interaction design, user centered design, user research methodologies, and accessibility best practices. You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and enjoy collaborating with other designers and developers. You excel at providing both highly analytical and creative ideas to all your engagements, and are committed to creating usable, user-vetted experiences. You also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment and critically oversee the transition of your designs to digital experiences.
Responsibilities may include:
- Executing interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Consulting with clients and a range of team members
- Researching interaction design trends translating to your deliverables
- Researching and understanding technology trends
- Creating wireframes, process flows, user personas, and journey maps
- Conducting common user research activities like stakeholder interviews, card sorts, tree tests, and surveys
- 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in design, information sciences, HCI, or psychology
- 2-3+ years professional experience, with most of your experience in designing experiences for software, web applications, emergent technologies, or consumer electronics/mobile devices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value. E.g., annotated wireframes, journey maps, flows, presentations.
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills, drawing skills a plus.
- Ideally, working knowledge of common software project management and development practices
- You are proficient in tools such as Axure, InVision, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey
- Additional proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
- Portfolio examples including process is requirement when applying.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
6 days ago - source