MGram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We’ve recently released Merge Magic! and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and the sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Senior Game Artist, you would jump onto one of our newest, exciting projects, and create out-of-this-world assets to ensure the highest degree of player engagement. In this role, you'd be expected to be a font of knowledge when it comes to the aesthetics of our games - you would use your game art expertise and your extensive creative skill to develop and scale the project's visual identity, and make the game look the best it can.
Art is at the very core of our games. Game art is the first thing users encounter when opening one of Gram's games, and it’s one of the primary things that keeps them engaged, coming back to discover the game again and again.
What will I do day-to-day?
- Create beautiful art for one of our newest projects
- Scoping out how we will create engaging assets that will delight players
- Coming up with new ideas, whilst mentoring and inspiring the team around you with them
- Using your excellent draughtsmanship skills to iterate new ideas quickly
- You’ll bring your passion for the development of mobile games to work with you every day to create ideas that bring joy to players
What do you need from me?
- Evidence that you’ve worked on games that have been globally launched
- An extensive and diverse portfolio that shows you have the know-how to generate original ideas
- A developed, trained eye for composition and colour
- Hands-on experience with digital design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- We need you to be well-versed in shape, value and color theory
- You’ll have 2D cell and bone animation experience (ideally, but not essential)
- For you to be willing to work to ambitious goals and deadlines, and strives to see a project through to its end.
- You’ll possess an ability to match various existing art styles, as well as to easily distinguish between styles.
- Ideally, you’ll understand Agile/Scrum methodologies
- If you’ve used Unity and After Effects, and have a basic knowledge of UX/UI that would be awesome too!
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Our awesome onsite chef serving Breakfast, Lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the UK
- 28 days paid holiday as standard (but we're happy for you to take more)
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Vitality healthcare discounts
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!
Chef, Artist, and Software Engineering
8 days ago - source