Qode Space is a fast-growing start-up agency servicing a wide range of clients from clothing stores to furniture. We are currently seeking a Senior Frontend Developer to join our fast-paced environment and grow as a key player. This position is a contract position and remote (telecommute).This position’s primary responsibility is to advise, design, and build e-commerce websites and applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in coding activities autonomously and sometimes with other team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive experience in building e-commerce websites using WordPress and Shopify.
- The ability to troubleshoot, test, and debug responsive web and mobile sites.
- The ability to translate user and business needs into functional frontend design.
- The ability to work under our CTO and coordinate with Projects Team members as needed to deliver products or product segments in a timely manner.
- The ability to remain responsive, motivated, and adaptive in a remote (telecommute) setting with little to no direct supervision.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Design, develop, test, and debug websites and applications following project specifications.
- Maintain and modify existing websites and applications without supervision as well as with direction from team members.
- Perform maintenance and updates for existing versions, where required.
- Create custom code at customer request.
- Ability to utilize Jira and follow Scrum methodologies to track and report project status and delivery timeframes.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
Required Education & Experience:
At least 5 years experience:
- Extensive experience working in WordPress
At least 2 years experience:
- Working knowledge in Custom Shopify app development
- Expert in Shopify theme development
- Expert in Shopify Liquid template language
- Expert in Shopify APIs and their usage
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, WordPress, and occasionally Magento.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Good understanding of backend and frontend code
- Versed in Jira & Agile development best practices
- Experience working remotely in similar roles
Submission of a CV, cover letter, and any portfolio or demo sites is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the contractor for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
9 days ago - source