Job Purpose and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing support of a confidential and complex nature to senior vice presidents or members of the Senior Leadership Team. May provide project support and/or administrative support to multiple team members at the direction of his or her manager. Handles non-routine information and carries out activities following general guidelines with limited direction. Exercises independent thinking and discretion.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Provides support to senior vice presidents and other members of the senior leadership team.
- Lead by example in meeting deadlines, communicating effectively and ensuring processes are adhered to. The role will ensure that everything within your remit is completed effectively and within company guiding principle values and mission.
- Work with other EAs/PAs to ensure relevant information is processed accurately and efficiently between functions. Act as a role model and professional administrator within the team and support co-ordinators across the business.
- Interact with internal and external partners with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks.
- Manage the SVPs / SLTs diary to ensure that their time is effectively organised and planned, has sole responsibility for his/her diary and for organising all meetings, booking rooms and ensuring he/she is fully briefed on every meeting.
- Ensure the SVP’s/SLT most effective use of time to fulfill their role. The senior executive assistant will be fully up to speed with the work of the SVP/SLT and be able to prioritise his/her work. They should keep themselves fully briefed with the activities of the whole business.
- Manage the SVP’s/SLT day to day meetings and activities, ensuring they have all required information in good time for preparation purposes. Ensure that the SVP/SLT has completed any actions prior to meetings and support in the delegation of tasks following meetings.
- Act as first point of contact for the SVP to ensure visitors and/or enquirers receive a good level of customer service, including greeting visitors and screening calls. The senior executive assistant should be fully aware of the SVPs/SLT work to be able to answer the majority of enquiries.
- Provide full support to SVPs/SLT when chairing meetings as required, organising and providing refreshment as and when required.
- Organise, co-coordinate and provide full administrative support and minute taking for cross-functional meetings. Ensure meeting agendas and minutes are compiled and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements for the SVP/SLT and others members of the team, in the most cost effective manner and prepares travel itinerary.
- Assist the SVP/SLT with routine correspondence and presentations. Follow up on all inward and outward requests for information, reports and correspondence.
- Open, prioritise and where appropriate answer SVP’s/SLT post and email to ensure that only essential information is forwarded; advise of any urgent matters arising from post/email so that such issues are dealt with on a timely basis. Compose replies to routine letters to enable the SVP/SLT to focus on more urgent matters; type reports and correspondence for the executive as and when required.
- Complete monthly expense claims.
- Organise and coordinate the various itineraries of visiting international partner visits and prepare immersion plans, which includes managing his/her diary and booking in training/meet & greet sessions for the first 4 weeks.
- As requested, ensure that new partner immersions are planned and organised and work with Partner Resources to ensure that immersing partners are fully supported and set-up for success.
- Undertake research and analysis and present findings at the executive’s request. This will include some basic financial analysis.
- Keep abreast of all organisational issues and have a good understanding of Starbucks’ aims and objectives within the market, region and globally.
- Supports with the interview process for PAs and executive assistants where necessary and completes relevant on boarding processes.
- Support, coach & guide EAs and PAs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as an EA, ideally have experience at board level
- Typing speed must be at least 60 wpm. Advanced level Microsoft Word, advanced level Excel, advanced level PowerPoint and Outlook required. Additional packages an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to produce written correspondence of a high quality on behalf of the company
Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Project management experience
- Experience with supervising others would be desirable, however not essential
- Liaising with external executives in external companies and handling client liaison
- Impeccable organisational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter/proactive with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Patient and calm
- Demonstrates common sense and good judgement in pressured situations
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality at all times
- Able to deal with external and internal people at a variety of levels
28 days ago - source