The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our business partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Senior Employment Counsel (Litigation), you’ll advise senior leadership on all areas of employment law, from standard methodologies to litigation strategy. You’ll keep your finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape and help Riot navigate any potential landmines. You're confident, capable, and ready to adapt when faced with change.
- Lead all aspects of employment-related litigation, dispute resolution, and strategy
- Implement policies, procedures, and trainings that reduce liability and exposure and reflect standard methodologies in the industry
- Optimize and participate in employee relations functions and investigations
- Partner with and advise on all legal issues relating to Talent department, including compensation, promotions, hiring, contingent workforces, leaves of absence, accommodations, etc.
- Counsel the Board of Directors and senior executive management.
- Lead employment related legal and regulatory compliance.
- Manage outside litigation counsel.
- Also be flexible and a great teammate in order to contribute as a generalist on non-employment related legal matters, including commercial agreements and tech transactions.
- J.D. from a top tier U.S. law school and membership in at least one state bar (preferably CA)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working on employment litigation and counseling matters at a premier law firm or employment practice. Significant experience leading or handling cases a requirement. Experience with IP or tech transactions, or tech or start-up type companies a plus.
- Additional in-house experience and interest in IP or the video games or entertainment/tech sector considered favorably.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
AWS and Legal
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.