Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Development Managers guide teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on driving improvement.
As a Senior Development Manager and Delivery Lead for our Games (Product & Publishing) team in Brazil, you will drive delivery of projects and services across multiple teams. You'll be working with and mentoring producers and publishing leads. Serving as the air traffic controller for emergent work, you'll prioritize and drive projects across multiple complex problem domains. Your work will contribute new content and experiences that players love, which will ultimately provide a positive impact for both players and Riot alike.
Important to note, this is not an Research & Development focus. This position will work with the challenge of publishing new games and products in the region, not with game development.
As a São Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games São Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- A gamer: your passion for games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your bachelor's degree, perhaps an MBA, or have 8+ years of experience working with teams in an Agile environment as a Producer, Agile Coach, Project Manager, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager and have worked with or led a team through a full product cycle from ideation to production.
- An Agile pro: you're fluent in — and an avid advocate of — development best practices; you've successfully led teams using a variety of Agile practices including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean Product Management; you take a holistic, systems-thinking view of the product development life-cycle and adapt processes accordingly.
- A delivery-focused leader: you guide teams down the right paths even if they're unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure they provide optimal value; your unshakable confidence and cool head makes others look towards you when sirens are blaring and all hell is generally breaking loose.
- Goal oriented: you actualize visions through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect player engagement efforts to broader vision and understand how to create content players will like and share over and over again.
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth, and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully.
- A change agent: you raise concerns, challenge convention, and inspire people to move in new directions.
- Directly lead the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned teams towards their goals.
- Create work systems that support effective, sustainable work across multiple teams.
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for team cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Create transparency and predictability across multiple teams via story mapping, road-maps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps, and release reports.
- Partner with leaders and teams across Riot Games to share your knowledge and drive organizational efficiency and improvements for yourself and your teams.
- Grow your direct reports into top-performing delivery leads who excel at leading teams to achieve their goals.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Development Management and Product Management
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.