Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Senior Design Engineer in our Fairfax, Virginia office to lead the evaluation and design of a wide range of challenging water/wastewater infrastructure projects. While the reporting location is Fairfax, the ideal candidate may work remotely from offices throughout the region including Fairfax, Gainesville, Leesburg, Baltimore (MD), Richmond, Danville, and Virginia Beach. This is an opportunity for an individual to join a team of energetic, highly engaged professionals in Dewberry’s growing Water Service Line. The ideal candidate will have a prominent role on our team, strong technical, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to lead engineers and other technicians on a variety of water and wastewater projects from scoping and planning through final design, construction, and commissioning.
- Lead an array of detailed water/wastewater design and construction administration projects while interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, and both public sector and municipal clients;
- Effectively understand and communicate project expectations to the project team;
- Conduct QA and QC reviews of projects;
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring of junior staff;
- Prepare and monitor project work plans, schedule and budget;
- Assist with standards development;
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending seminars, workshops, and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and actively participating in State and/or National professional societies through committee involvement and technical presentations; and,
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the water/wastewater field;
- Prior detailed design engineering experience producing engineering plans and specifications is required;
- Thorough knowledge and ability to apply theories, principles, concepts and practices of civil and environmental engineering to the design and construction of public water, wastewater, and reclaimed water conveyance and treatment infrastructure;
- Relevant certifications, including PACP, PMP, CMP, and/or ENV SP helpful, but not required;
- P.E. in Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, or Washington DC, or ability to obtain them through reciprocity within one year of start date;
- Must have proven experience in design of water distribution and wastewater conveyance and water/wastewater treatment projects, including technical leadership of major tasks
- Water and sewer modeling experience preferred, but not required;
- The successful candidate will be capable of leading, mentoring and setting ethical and technical standards for other engineers and technicians; and,
- Must have proven and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.