- Coordinate the work of the office, as necessary with officials in other offices, foreign country offices, other Federal Departments, local enforcement activities, foreign nationals or representatives of other foreign countries.
- Use knowledge of assigned programs, priorities, goals and objectives to identify workflow problems or other situations that have a negative impact on organizational efficiency.
- Receive, review and control incoming mail and correspondence.
- Develop background information and prepare outlines for the supervisor's speaking engagements.
- Manage correspondence services for an organization with a mission that affects a wide-range of activities.
- Integrate several types of software, such as spreadsheet, database, word processing, desktop publishing and graphics applications to generate specific working documents and forms.
- Evaluate the office automation needs for the immediate work area and suggest solutions and/or participate in documenting requirements to develop a specialized application
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background and/or Security Clearance
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Drug testing designated position
- Successful completion of an one-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
QualificationsGS-07: Must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 Federal grade level performing the following duties: managing office operations for an organization with a mission that affects a wide range of activities; maintaining calendars; scheduling appointments, training sessions, and conferences;; making travel arrangements and associated accommodations; coordinating the work of the office; screening telephone calls and visitor requests; receiving and relaying messages; identifying workflow problems that impact organizational efficiency; serving as a liaison concerning the procurement of office supplies and services; preparing time and attendance reports; receiving, reviewing and controlling incoming mail and correspondence; composing non-technical documentation; proofreading and editing correspondence and reports; assembling information/data, reports, and/or publications to create finalized packages; integrating several types of software to generate specific working documents and forms; providing advice and guidance to the staff concerning office automation; and adapting office automation methods to specific requirements and developing guidelines for users
Competencies: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competencies in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Technical Competence
- Technology Application
Education cannot be substituted for experience at this grade level.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
A recruitment incentive may be authorized
All non-DEA applicants must complete a drug use questionnaire. Applicants who are found, through investigation or personal admission, to have experimented with or used narcotics or dangerous drugs, except those medically prescribed, will not be considered for employment with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Exceptions to this policy may be made for applicants who admit to limited youthful and experimental use of marijuana. Such applicants may be considered for employment if there is no evidence of regular, confirmed usage, and the full-field background investigation and results of other steps in the process are otherwise favorable. Compliance with this policy is an essential requirement of the position.
It is highly suggested that you complete the Drug Questionnaire form when submitting your application package. However, if you do not complete and submit this form with your application package, it will not disqualify you from the application process. You will be asked to complete the Drug Questionnaire form before extended a conditional offer. Click here to access the Drug Questionnaire.
To submit your completed Drug Questionnaire please follow the instructions for uploading in the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
Click the below links for additional information.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
How to Claim Veterans' Preference
Selective Service: MALE APPLICANTS BORN AFTER 12/31/1959 must certify prior to job offer that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law.
EEO Policy Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement
In accordance with 5 CFR 2635.704, applications will not be accepted in postage-paid Government envelopes.
The Drug Enforcement Administration participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program ( E-Verify ). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
If you experience technical issues with completing your online application, you may review online help resources or submit a ticket to the Desk by accessing the ' Center' (upper-right of your screen, next to the question mark icon).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site .
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories; Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligible.
Although veteran preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated," veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified. In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest quality category(i.e. Best Qualified).
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Failure to provide all required documents and information requested by the closing date will result in your application not receiving full consideration.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your résumé showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Required Documents:
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
This position is located in the Office of Foreign Operations (OF), Europe & Middle East Section (OFE).
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
6 days ago - source