Req ID: 22490
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Is an independent researcher who plans, coordinates and executes research projects, works with the Principal Investigator. Participates in and assists in the planning and coordination of research projects, is independent and responsible for a specific aspect of the research project. Assist in determining the direction of the project. Prepares and writes manuscripts and research proposals, data management and quantitative analysis, collaborates in development of innovative research and educational programs, serves as an educational resource for the laboratory and the Institution.
- Assists faculty in the conduct of research of significant value in the basic and/or translational science area
- Plans, conducts, and manages research projects within the federal and institutional regulations and policies
- Collaborates with researchers, external agencies and institutions to develop cooperative research initiatives
- Trains technical staff, students, fellows & physicians in lab procedures
- Reviews manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Assist in composing/developing applications for grants/contracts for funding of research projects
- Promotes free discussion, research progress, and overall morale
- Responsible for appropriate use of research funds
- May supervises staff and students
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree, 5-7 years of scientifically relevant experience required
- Bachelor’s degree 10+ years of scientifically relevant experience required
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Terminal degree (MD, PhD, DVM) preferred, 2 or more years Post-Doctoral fellowship experience; 1-3 years scientifically relevant experience
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.