For you, the passion and dedication with which you serve defines who you are, not just what you do. It is the force that drives you to provide care, and the same passion with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
As a member of Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll be entrusted with ensuring the health and vitality of a culture whose history is as rich and storied as the land they inhabit. Your clinical skills will be challenged to grow as you service the medical needs of over 50 rural communities. Your spirit will be rewarded with the generous compassion that they will share with you in return. Come and experience our culture of care.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other healthcare professional to provide quality, cost-effective and efficient care and to achieve the best possible patient outcome. Serves as a resource person when the situation requires.
Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients from birth to elderly.
- Candidate must be willing to take call.
- Our OR nurses do Pre-OP and Post-OP.
- The RN will need to Circulate Surgery’s and do Endoscopy.
- We have 1 OR room, 1 Endoscopy, 1 Section Room, 5 Bed Pre-Op hold and a 2 Bed Recovery Room.
- Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.
- Minimum experience preferred 2 years recent OR experience.
- Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current BLS & ACLS, preferred to have PALS.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-8905.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
4 days ago - source