Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for an outcomes driven, collaborative, and effective performance manager who knows how to build and drive teams, Airbnb service designers, and shared services service-domain experts. The Regional Operations Manager uses innovative and scalable performance management processes to own the service delivery performance metrics from both internal and our partners produce in a specific region or market, serving CS services. The Regional Operations Manager will deliver on KPI management and continuous improvement, region or specific market level performance storytelling, product and process insights discovery, and most importantly, will collaborate with their Business engagement manager, Service Manager colleagues and shared services virtual teams to maintain a robust, well documented, and effective performance review and improvement program.
- Directly responsible for the performance, operations and strategy execution of the Regulatory Response team, the Safety & Claims team and the Social media support team within the region.
Influence strategic direction and provide regional business strategy on Love capability services by partnering with the Love Service Manager and Platform Engagement Manager.
Directly manage leads in their service area while providing regular, actionable, and goal-oriented performance feedback to achieve desired service outcomes in the region. Note: this may require the report management of internal and/or partner team leads based in ‘satellite’ offices.
- Clearly communicate direction and goals while providing regular coaching for performance and career growth.
- Influence and develop communication strategies to drive the team forward.
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams that are responsible for complex tasks.
Support and hold teams accountable for the effective handling of escalated, complex, and high-risk investigations related to:
Critical compliance and legal issues including, but not limited to, GDPR, Discrimination, and any new regulations;
- Urgent escalations that could potentially impact brand reputation and/or stakeholder relationships.
Recommend ways to improve service processes in order to drive both efficiencies and quality, ensuring any actions and asks are clearly communicated to all critical stakeholders
Clearly articulate staffing requirements in region to maintain service levels, and work with recruiting and/or Partner Management as appropriate to ensure hiring actions are implemented.
Influence regional and global prioritisation, process improvement and product feedback in close partnership with in-region legal team and global Service Manager.
Communicate service performance across internal and partner teams to regional stakeholders, in partnership with CS Leadership, Service Managers, and China Engagement Managers.
Review, synthesize, and present findings from technical or complex data analysis related to functional safety trends specific to region or market.
In partnership with CS Shared Services and Global Safety Team, manage delivery and execution of initiatives to drive continuous safety service improvement within their region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to engage in strong business critical relationships with Service Managers, Regional Operations Managers, and other Cross-Functional Leaders in the region.
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and influence both strategies and operations.
- Advanced people leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience.
- Strong ability to learn with agility, quickly picking up additional skills and techniques needed to succeed.
- At least 8 years of experience in an operations-related role
- At least 4 years in a senior level people management role inclusive of managing people managers.
- Approx. 20% of travel required
- Must understand Chinese culture
- Native Mandarin and fluent English skills required
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.