Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring a Recruiter (Contract) to support the recruitment effort for corporate function roles in the Americas. This position will be based in our corporate office in Houston, Texas
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The role will have responsibility for the full recruitment life cycle for our corporate function roles in the Americas, including talent planning, sourcing, engagement, screening, assessment and hiring the most suitable candidates within appropriate cost and timescales. The individual will serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers, business leaders and candidates. This position will have daily interaction with Hiring Managers to ensure effective delivery of resources against open vacancies. The successful candidate will deliver an ethical and customer focused resourcing service
- Responsibility for managing resourcing delivery for a function/specialism/business area, working with Hiring Managers to fulfil current and future resource requirements
- Attend relevant resource meetings with stakeholders to provide updates on vacancy progress, discuss assessment outcomes and obtain resourcing lookahead
- High and effective utilization of available talent attraction and engagement tools to identify relevant candidates
- Actively and professionally promotes vacancies and employer brand to relevant audience via available media channels
- Accurately match candidate skills with role requirements, taking initiative to explore areas of importance or relevance with Hiring Managers and Candidates
- Identify and recommend most effective assessment method for role/specialism and effectively utilize tools available
- Guide Hiring Managers through a structured interview process, ensuring adherence to legal and ethical obligations throughout candidate assessments
- Strong influencer, ability to influence candidates throughout the hiring process to promote a successful outcome, pre-empting and acting on candidate hesitation or queries
- Maintain open and proactive lines of candidate communication, ensuring a positive candidate experience for all, regardless of the outcome of their application
- Provides timely and detailed feedback to candidates at every stage of their application, particularly following an interview
- Confidently make offers of employment and coordinate negotiation process between the candidate and business. Interface with P&O on contractual queries and coordinate response
- Collate relevant market data to support talent planning initiatives and process (candidate availability, rate information, candidate mobility etc.)
- Proactive in obtaining accurate forecast data and developing and maintaining a pipeline of suitably qualified and available talent for current and future projects
- Manages vacancy through ATS, ensuring that candidate and vacancy data is always accurate and up to date.
- Comply with all company and legislative data protection requirements by responsibly storing candidate information and assessment notes.
- Facilitate the effective movement of candidates through the resourcing process, encouraging proactive feedback from Hiring Managers and working with Global Mobility/P&O teams to ensure the timely release of employment contracts and an effective mobilization process for new hires.
- Provides feedback from business area on aspects of the resourcing process requiring improvement or elements that are particularly effective.
- Ensures consistent alignment to company values and behaviors
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications: Degree level qualification desirable but not essential
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Prior track record of excellent customer service and effective teamwork with the ability to work autonomously
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, which can be demonstrated at all levels of the business
- Proven capability of managing a varied workload in a fast-paced environment
- Results Driven Self-starter: Takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, takes accountability for one’s work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered
- Able and willing to roll up one’s sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what the person has done before
- Inquisitive nature, looks for new ways of working to maximize results
- Customer Service Orientation: Has a service orientation to internal clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations
- A collaborative nature
- Business Savvy: learns the core elements of the business, how the organisation works, functional and position specifics to ensure the effective identification of relevant talent
- Strength of character to deal with challenging stakeholders to ensure compliance with code of conduct, and Resourcing Procedures. Ability to use judgement and understand when to push back the skill to do this
7 days ago - source