JOB TITLE: Recruiter
REPORTS TO: Director of People & Culture
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK LOCATION: Emeryville, CA
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
Perfect Day is working to commercialize its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking an experienced and versatile Recruiter to own the talent acquisition process at Perfect Day and partner with the broader People & Culture team on initiatives and processes. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support hiring managers in defining current and future hiring needs by helping define sourcing strategies.
- Develop and execute talent acquisition strategies to support Perfect Day’s growth.
- Manage the full recruitment process, including but not limited to:
- Develop and deliver resources and trainings to hiring managers and interviewers.
- Identify and manage stakeholders and influencers.
- Develop or refresh job descriptions and postings.
- Coordinate internal and external employment advertising and posting.
- Source, process and review applications to evaluate qualifications.
- Conduct and schedule screening processes and interviews.
- Coordinate collection of feedback and evaluation of candidates through stage gate reviews.
- Initiate and track pre-employment requirements.
- Coordinate offer process.
- Involved in onboarding process.
- Develop multiple sourcing channels including building and leveraging relationships with technical/diversity/professional associations to help shape sourcing strategy and develop a robust current and future talent pipeline.
- Evaluate talent acquisition technology and partnerships.
- Own and/or assist with a variety of People & Culture initiatives and processes.
- Suggest improvements to existing work flows, or work flows where none exist.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant recruiting experience.
- Experience in scientific or technical recruiting within biotech or life sciences is highly desirable.
- Dependable, hardworking, organized and a self-starter.
- Proficient in Applicant Tracking Systems (experience with Lever is a plus), Microsoft Office applications and common recruiting sites and tools (LinkedIn, Glassdoor).
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- This position requires meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organization, prioritization and being exceptional at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining high customer service are keys to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proofreading and editing.
- Experience in identifying, engaging and closing passive leadership, scientific and technical candidates.
- Strong team spirit.
People & Culture
27 days ago - source