Shawbrook has its Head office in Brentwood and two strategic hubs in the South. Most external guests visit the Brentwood and London sites where there is the need to have a professional front of house on a daily basis to complement the current team.
This role reports into the Facilities team and requires exemplary engagement with both internal staff and external visitors as well as excellent telephony, organisation and administrative skills.
Customer (internal & external)
- Meeting and greeting visitors, notifying appropriate person on their arrival and ensuring a welcoming and comfortable environment for guests.
- Ensuring correct sign in procedures are followed.
- Overseeing access to the carpark and reporting on any front of hours issues to the appropriate teams.
- Fast and efficient telephony - maintaining switchboard cover, taking calls and relaying messages
- Liaising with departments on telephone call issues. Ensuring SLA’s are maintained and incorporating new procedures.
- Ensure Reception is covered from 8.30 – 17:30 (Mon – Fri), although these hours will flex to enable a staggered timetable with other team members. Travel will also be required to other key sites where reception support is required.
- Ensure meetings are booked correctly and required hospitality has been ordered – with a designated timetable for setting up, presenting appropriately and clearing meeting rooms with crockery being put in the dishwasher/ items returned to catering supplier, where applicable.
- Notify appropriate person via email of delivered courier parcels/letters. All parcels/letters are logged on delivery sheet and signed for by recipient when collected.
- Booking couriers/taxi as and when required ensuring Courier services are logged for reference.
- Support the facilities team with the opening and distribution of post
- Ad hoc administration duties.
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
Education / Qualifications
- 5 GCSEs
- Previous experience in a similar role
Technical / Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of Conduct Rules
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
- Putting customers (internal and external) at the heart of decision making
- Working in partnership to achieve goals
- Demonstrating excellence, openness and transparency
- Adopting the values and behaviours that exemplify the corporate culture
- Undertake appropriate activities to maintain competence for the role
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Able to commute reliably to office base
This role is an SB5 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure